Cleveland kidnap suspect Ariel Castro held on Kidnapping and Rape Charges, Refuses Eye Contact.

Well guess what? Thats probably because he knows exactly what he has done wrong! Sheesh!

_____________________________________________

Cowardly Castro can’t even make eye contact as he’s is accused of ‘snatching’ three women off the streets of Cleveland and keeping them trapped inside his house of horrors. He appeared dour and downcast Thursday in court for his arraignment.

Ariel Castro (R) appeared with his brothers Pedro Castro (C) and Onil Castro in court in Cleveland. Ariel Castro, 52, charged with kidnapping and raping the three women, who were rescued from his house on May 6.

JOHN GRESS/REUTERS

Ariel Castro (R) appeared with his brothers Pedro Castro (C) and Onil Castro in court in Cleveland. Ariel Castro, 52, charged with kidnapping and raping the three women, who were rescued from his house on May 6.

Now it’s his turn to stay in captivity.(Lets see how he likes it!)

The owner of a Cleveland house of horrors was held in lieu of $8 million bail Thursday on charges he kept three kidnapped women as sex slaves during a decade of imprisonment at his home.

Cowardly Ariel Castro, 52, stared at the ground and bit his shirt collar as he was arraigned in Cleveland Municipal Court on rape and kidnap charges.

“The charges against Mr. Castro are based on a premeditated and depraved decision to snatch the three young ladies … to be used in whatever self-gratifying, self-satisfying way he saw fit,” prosecutor Brian Murphy said.

“When in captivity, they withstood repeated debasing,” Murphy said. “They were bound and restrained and actually assaulted, basically never free to leave this residence.”

Officials said the helpless victims were kept bound with ropes and chains by their captor, who was accused of repeatedly raping his hostages.

The 5-minute hearing ended with Castro, wearing navy blue prison clothes and tan slippers, returned to his cell after the seven-figure bail was set.

Castro, who stood mutely during the hearing, faces four kidnapping counts: One for each of the three women abducted off Cleveland streets, and a fourth for imprisoning the daughter born in captivity to victim Amanda Berry.

RELATED: GINA DEJESUS FINALLY HOME

Castro is likely the now 6-year-old girl’s father, although a paternity test is pending. He is also charged with three counts of rape.

Ariel Castro, with public defender Kathleen DeMetz, was arraigned at the Cleveland Municipal Court on Thursday.

JAMES KEIVOM/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Ariel Castro, with public defender Kathleen DeMetz, was arraigned at the Cleveland Municipal Court on Thursday.

Public defender Kathleen DeMetz, addressing Judge Lauren Moore, noted that Castro had no previous felony convictions.

But family members of Castro’s late spouse described him as a brutal and sadistic man who kept her locked inside their home in between vicious beatings.

The former school bus driver — fired last year — did not enter a plea.

Outside court, DeMetz said Castro had been kept on suicide watch.

“I knew the bond would be extremely high as it was,” she said.

Castro’s arraignment followed a hearing for his two brothers — Pedro Castro, 54, and Onil Castro, 50. Both were arrested with Ariel on Monday, but subsequently cleared of any role in the stomach-turning abduction case.

But both men their own legal woes.

Pedro had an outstanding warrant on an open container charge in 2011, while Onil had a drug abuse and open container warrant dating to 2001.

They shuffled into the courtroom together, wearing the same navy jail suit as their sibling. They seemed a bit weary but relaxed.

The Castro brothers appeared in Cleveland Municipal Court on Thursday.

GOOGLE

The Castro brothers appeared in Cleveland Municipal Court on Thursday.

Neither paid much attention to the more than two dozen cameras inside the courtroom.

DeMetz represented all three brothers. She pleaded no contest on behalf of Pedro, and Judge Moore ordered him released on time served.

DeMetz moved to have the charges against Onil dismissed.

“This case is 12 years old … These are the only charges this man has, two minor charges from 12 years ago,” she noted during the two-minute hearing.

Onil and Pedro were escorted back to the city jail and are expected to be released later Thursday.

Ariel is charged as the lone suspect in the kidnappings of Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight.

Berry kicked out a front door and fled from the Seymour Ave. home with her child Monday evening while Castro was out of the house, authorities said.

Police said the three women provided lurid details of their time in captivity, when Castro purportedly stole a decade of their lives.

Knight, now 32, was kidnapped first in 2002, followed by the now-27-year-old Berry a year later and the now-23-year-old DeJesus in 2004.

Berry and DeJesus returned to their family homes Wednesday in a pair of unlikely and emotional reunions. Although cops kept the investigation open through the years, few thought the women remained alive.

Knight remained in good condition at the Metro Health Medical Center. It was unclear why she required additional medical attention, and the other two captives were released Tuesday from the hospital.

Culled from nydailynews.com

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s