Melaye Insists On His Assassination Attack Story

 

Remember the assassination attempt on Melaye that the police said was not? Well the former honourable member is standing his ground o. He alleges that threats have been made against him which he duly reported to the police in the fact and has included copies of the threat letters (published in this story). Read through and make your own conclusions.
____________________________________________________________
 

Dino Melaye
By SaharaReporters, New York

Dino Melaye, the Executive Secretary of the Anti-Corruption Network, insists there was an assassination attempt on his life on Monday, adding that he has brought threats to his person in the past to the attention of the police.

Mr. Melaye, a former member of the House of Representatives, forwarded to SaharaReporters copies of letters he had previously sent to the police to inform them of those threats, and his requests for their protection.

Mr. Melaye’s first letter was to the Commissioner of Police of the Federal Capital Territory was dated January 19, 2012. In it, he asked for two police officers to protect his residence. “This has become most pertinent as a result of recent strong threat on the lives of my family members and my humble self,” the letter said.

On July 31, he sent another letter to the Minister of Police Affairs requesting a courtesy call to introduce his non-governmental organization, the Anti-corruption Network.  In the letter, he suggested to the Minister “the need to build necessary and effective synergy between the Network” and the police department.

In a third letter dated September 20, he asked the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Dahiru Abubakar, for two non-uniformed policemen to provide protection, but he did not state the nature of the threat.

Yesterday, a Commissioner of Police in Abuja, Olufemi Ogunbayo, denied there was an assassination attempt on the life of Mr. Melaye. He told Premium Times, “The police have gone to the scene of the crime and we could not find any car parked there; no trace of shells on the ground.”  

The commissioner also disputed Melaye’s claim that his car was bullet proof.

Mr. Melaye, a former member of the ruling People’s Democratic Party but now a member of the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria, had reported that his vehicle was shot at on Monday night in the Central Business District of Abuja as he headed home from the National Hospital.  In light of the refusal of the police authorities to provide him with protection, the former lawmaker said that he would now look up only to God to provide him with protection.

 

Story culled from sahara reporters.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s